It’s that time of year again. Families are trying to get ready for the holiday season. Presents are being bought, meals are being planned, and you have to get ready for a visit from the in-laws.
As a maid service in Paoli, PA, and the surrounding area, Busy Bee Cleaning Company offers a full range of services to meet your cleaning needs. If you are interested in checking us out, try one of our House Cleaning Specials.
As we all start thinking about the end of year festivities, cleaning your home is an integral part of preparation. Here are some quick tips to help you get started on your holiday cleaning:
Check Your List Twice
It is important to realize that most of your holiday cleaning can’t be accomplished in one day. It will often take two or more cleaning sessions to make sure everything is right for the holidays. Try to divide your schedule into two separate cleanings, if possible.
The first cleaning should be done approximately one month prior to the holidays or any expected visits from relatives and friends, and should address all the major components of house cleaning. If you handle the big messes early, you will have an easier time keeping your home tidy later.
Here are some of the tasks that should be done one month before the holidays:
- Wipe down doors with a wet cloth to remove any staining.
- Clean the inside of windows throughout the home.
- Shampoo carpets and upholstery to remove stains and pet dander.
- Polish silver and prepare linens.
- Thoroughly clean the kitchen, including all appliances.
- Address any bathroom problems and scrub down tile work.
The second round of cleaning should be done one week prior to the holidays or any expected visits, covering any small issues that may have occurred since the significant cleaning last month.
Here are some of the touch-up cleaning you should accomplish in the days before the holidays:
- Mop hardwood floors and vacuum carpets.
- Dust thoroughly throughout the home.
- Clean the kitchen again, paying attention to the oven if you did a lot of holiday cooking.
- Clean all bathrooms.
- Prepare guest bedrooms if anyone is staying overnight.
- Do household laundry and put it away.
By breaking down your housekeeping into two separate sessions, you can accomplish more and give your home that extra-fresh feeling.
Even after you’ve cleaned your home twice as the holidays approach, you may want to perform some last-minute touches to ensure the comfort of your guests.
Here are a couple of quick cleaning tips you can accomplish even in the midst of the hectic holiday season:
- Move unused coats and items from closets to allow guests their own storage space.
- Remove any clutter, such as loose mail, tv remotes, or books.
- If you have a pet, remove hair from the furniture with a lint-roller.
- Clean your kitchen’s countertop and refrigerator front doors.
- Clean the mirror, sink, and toilet in the bathroom.
- Make sure toiletries are restocked.
- Take out the trash.
Extra Pandemic Precautions
If you plan to have relatives over this particular holiday season, it is best to take extra precautions in terms of cleaning. Disinfectant wipes that are capable of killing viruses and bacteria should be used regularly throughout your home, and all common touch areas should be cleaned daily during visits. Here are some areas that will need extra attention:
- Doorknobs and handles
- Window sills
- Appliance handles, knobs, and dials
- Bathroom sinks, toilets, and shower controls
- Staircase railings
You should also be sure to thoroughly clean and disinfect all linens that are used by your guests following their visit.
With these helpful tips and tricks to maintaining a clean home, you and your family should be able to enjoy a peaceful and joyful holiday season. If your busy schedule doesn’t allow you to take the time to clean your home for the holidays, give Busy Bee Cleaning Company a call! We will carefully clean your house and get you ready for the upcoming holiday by offering our quality brand of home cleaning services in Villanova, Pa, and the surrounding region. For more information, contact us today!